How Church Plays Important Roles During My Stay in The United States


My stay in the United States had officially over in the middle of May 2017. As soon as we graduated from Northern Virginia Community College in Virginia, we had to come back home. The program (CCIP) is only last for 10 months (1 academic year = 2 semesters). During my stay in the U. S., I always tried to go to church every Sunday, I only missed it when I had something I couldn’t miss like when I am out of the town or when I went to some places with my group. I stayed in Arbor Park, Alexandria for 10 months and there is a church called Braddock Baptist Church (BBC) on Braddock Road. It is not really far from my apartment but it is not really close either. I rarely walk, but sometimes I did. I preferred to go by Metro Bus and almost never with Uber or Lyft nor taxi. Even Braddock Baptist Church offered us a ride to pick us up, sometimes we refused because we didn’t want them to wait for us because you know sometimes people always late, for no reason. Time flies, most of my friends chose to stay at their apartment on Sunday morning but I managed to get up on time to attend the Sunday service. Probably, some church members recognized me because I came consistently to their church and I made some awesome connections. It wasn’t hard to make a connection inside the church because most of them were very welcoming and I felt like home. They were so friendly and they always ask me if I need help with anything. They remember my name and they always provide me a ride back to my apartment. Most of the time with Sunny, a Pakistan-born guy. We had a brother – like connection. We shared our stories and our experiences and so on. The church was filled with awesome and heart-warming people. I never felt the same as I was in Indonesia. Even in a Church. It was a whole new experience for me. They invited me to many church’s events and parties and asked me to invite my people (fellow participants). I am pretty sure, my friends and I were learned a lot about American culture and how they interact with everyone else during that events and parties. They taught us American games, American food and how to make it. It was awesome. All of it! This really helped us to understand the United States better. I was thinking that living in the United States would make me far from God, but they proved me wrong. I saw it with my own eyes. I experienced that. What you and I might have seen about the United States people and their culture in television (Movies, Reality shows and so on) is so different. At least during my time in the State. There may be some people do that, but you won’t find that easily like what you saw on TV. I remember my friend from Bangladesh, Pew always saying that America is really different. She thought she would find people easily have sex everywhere, kissing and so on and she was really surprised and so did I and everybody else. I also remember BBC always sent us tons of bread until we said we are ok, they would always send it to us. Bible study with a young and cool Pastor, J. J. every Monday evening. Mitch and Nancy Bennett, one of the coolest couple I had ever seen also Mitch, an expert of grilling. Pastor Timothy and his wife Becky, I miss your preach and Becky’s hug. Tim and Terry, you guys are awesome, and of course, I miss our parties and your international area. I forget the ladies whom always playing piano during Sunday service, I miss you both. Harry a truly God servant and his wife. My awesome brother, Sunny. I miss you all. May God blesses you and our church and all of its members. AMEN!!!

Comments

Popular Posts